Friday, April 4, 2008

Friendship

I'm old. Or at least I feel like I am. I'm to the age where I will travel 3.5 hours to see my friends for a couple of hours, see a small concert, and turn around and come home the next morning. Funny that it was automatic to refer to Rochester as home. Its just as much my home as anywhere else these days. Refer to the Garden State quote in my last post (from June...) to capture the real feeling of "home" at this stage in my life.

But seriously, to have the kind of friends where we will all travel back to our hometown to spend time together is something special. We aren't on break. We all still have papers with deadlines, midterms around the corner, stress of registration, figuring out housing, and putting the finalizing touches on our summer plans, but our friendship is important enough to take time out of our weekend and come home just to be together.

We're growing up. We may not be old yet, but we are getting older. We're traveling, we are staying at college for the summer, we are jumping out of airplanes, we have lofty goals and aspirations for the future. This isn't just us in high school talking about our dream jobs...we are almost half way through our undergraduate careers and we are working towards something. How amazing and frightening is that?? We are doing all these crazy things in our own individual cities but we are all still connected. We're all dialed in. I like it.

No comments: